2018-19 ANNUAL FUND CAMPAIGN
GOING ON NOW!
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
The Montclair School PTA raises money on an annual basis to pay for vital programs and personnel OUSD does not provide, including:
- librarians and current library books for all readers
- credentialed integrated arts instruction
- curriculum-aligned garden classes
- classroom aides and yard supervisors
- Chromebooks, classroom and PE supplies, and field studies
- administrative support staff and school climate consultant
Fundraising is essential to the overall excellence at Montclair Elementary. In 2017, our students outperformed the district average on English language/literacy and math assessments by a factor of two. We intend to continue supporting our teachers and administrators to achieve sustained academic rigor and provide an enriching education.
THREE PRIMARY FUNDRAISERS
Our community supports three primary fundraisers per year, and our goal is 100 percent participation:
- The Annual Fund, our donor outreach campaign.
- The Otter Walk, our Fall student walk-a-thon and community celebration.
- The Otter Bash, our Spring adults-only festival and auction.
HOW WE BUDGET AND SPEND
Annual budgets are developed by the PTA board with input and review by our principal, faculty, and parent leadership committees.
New funding requests are examined against our previous commitments. Each year we raise money to cover current year expenses and maintain responsible financial reserves. We work with the administration to identify financial needs for the following year. Budgets are presented to PTA membership for vote. Approved budgets are the basis for annual committee operating plans.
Our financial statements are audited throughout the year, and officially filed with California PTA in accordance with our bylaws.
Our taxpayer ID is 94-6183886. Contributions are also generally eligible for corporate matching from many employers that offer corporate matching donations. Please consider applying for a matching donation if you are eligible. Thank you for your support