We are very excited to share that we have solidified a partnership with BACR (Bay Area Community Resources) to act as the Lead Agency for our new before and after-school Expanded Learning Opportunity Program (ELOP) for the 2022-2023 school year.
Oscar Campos is the Site Coordinator. He has over 22 years of afterschool programming here in Oakland and managed the MES aftercare program with Adventure Time before joining BACR this year.
The program is provided on campus. The aftercare program will begin on Wednesday, August 10th and will run throughout the school year from dismissal time from school until 6:00 pm. The before-school program starts Monday, August 15 and will run from 7:00-8:30 a.m. BACR”s program is free or fee based, with a sliding scale based on income. The program includes after-school enrichment programming (i.e. chess, yoga, dance, art, etc) in addition to structured academic activities, homework support and physical fitness activities.
Registration: Please note that the program is currently at capacity. Please login to register here. All complete registrations will be placed on the waiting list.
Additional BACR Resources:
- BACR-Montclair Brochure
- Letter and FAQs (June 2022)
- Sliding Fee Scale
- Enrichment Vendors can contact BACR here:
Additional After-Care Programs Serving Montclair School Families
- Oakland Parks and Rec Center at Montclair Park Town Afterschool Program for youth in Kindergarten – 5th grade (https://www.oaklandca.gov/topics/montclair-recreation-center)
- East Bay Dance Center (https://www.eastbaydancecenter.org/eastbay_afterschool.htm)
- Jewish Community Center (https://jcceastbay.org/youth-family/afterschool/berkeley/)
To connect with other families, please fill out this survey.