Montclair Language League
Montclair Language League (MLL) is devoted to providing foreign language instruction for Montclair Elementary School students. We are pleased to offer Italian, Mandarin, French, and Spanish language instruction (languages are based on student demand).
• All Montclair Kindergarteners receive Spanish instruction, four days a week, during class hours as part of the curriculum.
• Tax-deductible donations made by kindergarten families make this program possible. Our suggested donation for 2016-17 is $500.00 (tax id#: 94-2472845). You may go directly to the donation website or download the form and bring your donation to the school office.
Before and After School Program – Multiple Levels
- The before and after school language program is open to 1st– 5th graders.
• Students may choose from Italian, Mandarin, French, and Spanish before school and Spanish after school.
• Students attend classes appropriate for their level of proficiency and their age.
• Most classes meet for 30 minutes, four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday).
• Morning classes run from 7:55am-8:25am.
• Afternoon classes run from 2:50pm-3:20pm.
• Afternoon classes will not be held on minimum days.
Tuition and Enrollment
Tuition for our before and after school program is $799 for the entire year ($759 for each additional sibling). Space is limited so admission is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We are pleased to offer a limited number of financial aid scholarships and welcome scholarship applications.
What to Expect
• 95 – 100% interactive use of the foreign language in the classroom.
• Dynamic, fun, interactive and engaging instruction from fluent speakers.
• Exposure to the culture, games, songs, poems, and literature of places around the world.
• Use of a wide range of manipulatives, visuals, and audio tools.
• A safe and comfortable learning environment that fosters children using their new language skills.
• A gradual and academic sequence that will provide students with a coherent and cohesive method to learn the language from Kindergarten to 5th grade.
Click here for The Benefits of Early Language Instruction.
Our teachers are professionals in their fields, selected for their fluency and ability to engage and teach children.
MLL Board of Directors
MLL is a parent run, non-profit, tax-exempt public benefit corporation connected to Montclair Elementary School.
Below are the parent volunteers who make up the MLL Board:
Administrator: Ashley Dunning
Board Secretary: Kimiko Sera-Tacorda
Communications Director: Christine ChestnutCurriculum Coordinator: Janelle Jones Personnel Coordinator: Sihina Tatum
Registrar: Ayumi Taniguchi
Treasurer: Catalina Gonzalez
Please feel free to contact us at with any questions you may have about the Montclair Language League!