Enrollment Policy and Procedures for New Families
The OUSD has implemented a new registration policy called the Options Process. For new students in an elementary school, the following priorities are used:
- First Priority: Children in the neighborhood.
- Second Priority: Siblings of current students. For kindergarten only; this priority doesn’t apply for grades 1 through 5.
- Third Priority: Open Lottery.
OUSD Enrollment Information
Montclair Elementary School Registration Procedures
To determine if Montclair is your neighborhood school, enter your address on the following site: http://mapstacker.ousd.k12.ca.us
To register your child for Kindergarten in Montclair Elementary School please follow these steps.
COMPLETE THE OUSD REGISTRATION FORM. The forms will be available beginning December 5 in the school office or on the OUSD website.
SUBMIT YOUR PAPERWORK TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE. The school office is open from 8 am to 4 pm. The office tends to very busy between 8 am and 9 am and between 2 pm and 3 pm so it is best to avoid coming at these times. When you come to the office, you will need to turn in the completed OUSD registration form and submit various original copies of documents. All documents will be photocopied and returned to you.
A. REGISTRATION FORM
Will be available at school on December 5 or on OUSD website
B. YOUR CHILD’S CURRENT IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
C. YOUR CHILD’S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE
The name on the document will be the name used on all official school materials.
D. VERIFICATION OF RESIDENCE
Three items proving residency are required. Residence of a pupil shall be verified by the Principal or designee through these three items that list the name and current address of the child’s parent or guardian. One of these is required: Driver’s license OR official California ID Card from the DMV Your second and third item can be any of the following:
– A utility bill dated within last 90 days: PG&E, home telephone bill, water bill, garbage bill, or cable bill.
– In combination only, automobile registration and automobile insurance (counts for two if and only if provided together).
– Homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy.
– Property tax statement.
– Letter from a social services/government agency within last 90 days.
– Transitional families only: An affidavit of residence from Student, Family and Community Services at 2111 International Boulevard will suffice in lieu of three verifications of residence
ALL FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JANUARY 20! ANY APPLICATION SUBMITTED AFTER JANUARY 20 AT 3 PM IS CONSIDERED LATE AND WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST ROUND OF PLACEMENTS.
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR PLACEMENT IN MID-MARCH.
AFTER NOTIFICATION OF YOUR PLACEMENT, FAMILIES MUST REGISTER AT THE SCHOOL TO CONFIRM THEIR ASSIGNMENT. IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER BY MAY 4, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SPOT.
The Options Process
The Options process for the new school year is between December 5 and January 20.
Options Forms will become available starting December 5. No applications will be accepted before that date. OUSD will not accept previous year applications. APPLICATIONS MAILED, FAXED OR EMAILED TO OUSD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please turn them in at 2746 Grand Avenue or at any OUSD School site in person. If applicant is not present to do so during this window of time please call 510-273-1600, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours and ask for instructions. For more information about the Oakland Unified School District Options Process, please visit their website.