ASE Winter session
Classes this week through March 14th
ASE Classes for the Winter session are under way!
For specific questions about any class, please contact the providers, per their contact information in the online catalog at montclairschool.com/ase/. For general questions, please do not hesitate to contact Audrey Yamamoto (parent volunteer coordinator) at .
Dads’ ClubJanuary drop-offKids’ Night Out!!
DESPICABLE ME 2
This Friday 1/10
Hey everyone! Did you get enough bonding time with your kids over the break? Do you feel better connected as a family? I hope so… Now, is it time for a little separation? Time to get a night out away from the kids? Well, you’re in luck because this Friday is January Dads’ Club drop-off Kids’ Night Out!!
Drop your kids off in the Multipurpose Room so they can have a Night Out with their friends. They’ll get Pizza, Popcorn and see a movie. Bring blankets and pillows so they can hang out and relax while watching the movie. And parents get a night out too!!! Have a date! Have a nice, quiet meal!!!
This month, the Movie is:
Despicable Me 2
Friday, January 10th 1st Child – $25, all siblings $15. Drop-off: 6PM Pick-up: 9PM Pay at the door.
This Month’s Beneficiary:
Teachers’ Supply Fund
* Pre-registration is not needed, but if you do know you’re coming, please sign up here. Each month, a different group will get a chance to be the beneficiary of movie night, receiving all the money taken for the night. Potty trained siblings are welcome. We’ll even take middle schoolers!!!
IT IS NOW SPELLING BEE SEASON!
Dates to Remember:
· Early January: Written spelling bee in each 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classroom (words were taken from the study guide and were given out to interested students)
· January 14: Montclair Elementary Spelling Bee for grades 3-5.
· January 24: Deadline to register Champion Speller for the Bay Area Competition (3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades)
· February 6: Oakland Unified School District Spelling Bee (4th or 5th grade winner)
· February 8: Scripps Preliminary Round written Spelling Bee (Montclair Champion)
· March 15: Scripps Local Final Round Spelling Bee
· Late May: Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.
Q’s or ideas for future PTA meetings? Please contact Leslie at
Do you have something you’d like to include in the Weekly Newsletter?
This email will go out each Wednesday that school is in session. Please send a short informational blurb w/ links and/or attachments to email@example.com BEFORE noon on Tuesday to be included each week.
On Saturday, March 15, 2014, Montclair Elementary will host our 4th Annual Otter Ball – An evening of fun and fundraising including a dinner buffet, no-host bar, silent and live auctions, raffles, games, photo booth and much more!
If you’d like to join the committee, please email us at
GET YOUR TILE TODAY!!
Reserve Your Place in History at Monclair Elementary School! Buy a Commemorative Tile that will decorate the outside of the Multipurpose Room for years to come.
Your family can select the size and color, and engrave the tile with a phrase or a sentence that is meaningful to you. The cost is $145 for a 4” by 8” tile, and $295 for an 8” by 8” tile. Please see samples and pick up forms on the bulletin board outside of the office.
TARGET Did you know that Target donates to local schools??
For those with a Target REDcard (Credit Card or Debit Card), select any K-12 school and Target will donate 1% of their purchases made on the Target REDcard to the school. It’s super easy and you can choose the school online in less than 5 minutes. The program is called “Take Charge of Education Report Card.”
We encourage those parents with a Target REDcard to choose Montclair Elementary School as their school to receive the donation. We are not trying to get parents to sign up for a credit card, make MES a beneficiary of the one you already have!